Today we look at the CCM Vector 04 ice skates. Initially the skate itself is designed fairly well with its grey, black and silver design (something which is consistent with the other vector series skates).
CCM have also chosen to update the technology behind this skate and so they have has used what they are calling the Vectorwear III quarter package material, this consists of a dense nylon weave, that offers good durability without adding much weight to the skate. The Vector 04 offers some good support however, it is not overly stiff making it ideal for recreational use or developing skills. CCM has used a traditional felt tongue, that offers a great traditional fit.
It is refreshing to see a hockey skate that is reasonably priced at around £180 which offers a host of features, sure they will lack certain peripheral features, but for it’s price it is a good choice for the recreational skater or intermediate players.
- Vectorwear III quarter panels: Abrasion resistance from textured and embossed construction, sublimated graphics, pro look
- Foam felt tongue – Contours the foot for a proper fit
- Microfiber wicking liner – Moisture wicking liner to improve the fit of the skate late in the game
- Vector Composite outsole – Outsole provides energy transfer with a low profile
- CCM E-Blade blade holder: Asymmetric front mounting plate design maximizes push-off force and delivers a pro feel
- Simply remove bolts to remove runner – Simple and durable design
- Performance Stainless Runner – Delivers a long lasting edge
- Ideal for entry to intermediate level play
- The CCM Vector boot design offers a snug fit in the heel with ample room to avoid pressure points
- Vectorwear III quarter package – Abrasion resistant
- Microfiber liner
- Comfort felt – Traditional fit tongue
- Anatomical response footbed
- Low profile injected outsole
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- E-blade holder
- Performance stainless steel NRPL
UK RRP £180